Image Map

Friday, June 3, 2011

Flower T-shirt Remake

I saw an awesome tutorial for a Flutter Flower shirt at Momma Go Round (tutorial here) and I really wanted to try my hand at it. However, I'm not a frou frou-type girl, so I didn't make mine quite as flutter t-shirt-y.

One thing that I did differently was change up the neckline. On Momma Go Round, her neckline is already cute, but I was working with a straight up t-shirt, so I wanted to make it a little more feminine.

My materials



















This is me fixing the neckline. I just took a shirt with a neckline I loved, stuck that under the T-shirt I was working on, and tracing it as best I could.






















And the finished product. I would recommend sewing down some of the petals onto the shirt so they don't get droopy by the end of the day. I'm going to go back and do that to my shirt. All in all, I think it turned out cute!

P.S. I was wearing it when my husband came home and he said, "Hey Purple Shirt." And I said, "Like it? I made it today." Blank stare. Husband: "Are we so poor you have to redo your shirts to wear them?" He sooo doesn't understand the need to craft. Gotta love him!



2 comments:

  1. you should have played up the poor part so you could go shopping! hahaha. he cracks me up.

    this is adorable! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, dang, why didn't I think of that?!

    And thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!