Image Map

Monday, October 24, 2011

Larrrry Boy!

Have you ever heard of Veggie Tales? Don't feel bad if you haven't, it's not super popular. However, in our house, Larry Boy is king. Larry Boy is a super hero from Veggie Tales. And he's a cucumber. And Luke absolutely loves him. 

So naturally, that's what he wanted to be for Halloween. And I wasn't about to spend $40 on a costume. So I needed to get my kid to look like this without breaking the bank:

The plungers were going to be a challenge. Well, basically the whole hat-thing in general. I made the outfit (minus the hat) in one afternoon. I fretted about what to do for his head for a couple of days. We bought two mini plungers at Lowe's but they're still pretty heavy and I didn't know how I could get them to stay up.


So I admit it. I caved and bought one. For $10. It was so worth it. Here's the end result:

Aren't my children so sweet?
We were at a Trunk or Treat on Saturday night and if my hubby had just lifted the camera up a little, he could have shown off the whole trunk. I had an orange and black banner with bats hanging from it. It was pretty cute. As you can see, I also incorporated polka dots and, of course, the lovely cobwebs.

2 comments:

  1. What a great mama you are. The costume is absolutely darling as is your little Veggie Tale, Larry Boy. Love that you also decorated the car. I'm not worthy. :) Thanks so much for linking up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful. I love seeing what you pull together.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Your car decorations are pretty awesome! That's way more than I would have done!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!