Image Map

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Handmade Christmas Cards

I decided to get really ambitious this year. Instead of doing a digital Christmas card, I decided I wanted to make my own Christmas cards. And I wanted to do it cheaply. Some thought it couldn't be done. 


But I did it! Let me just break these cards down by price:

Cardstock: $5 (Wal-Mart)
Ribbon: $2 (Wal-Mart)
Stamp: $1 (Hobby Lobby)
Christmas Tree Brad : $1.60 (Ollie's)
Photography: Free (Friend took pictures)
Printing Pictures: $5 (Costco)
Total Cost: $14.60

Not too shabby! Plus postage, but we already had the stamps. 


PLUS, they only took me 2 days to do. I'm hoping my family will love that they're getting a card made with love. I really do love digital prints, but sometimes getting something homemade gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.


It's not too late to make your own cards! Get ambitious!

Linking up: BecolorfulKeeping it Simple, C.R.A.F.T., Craft-O-ManiacEverything Under the Moon36th Avenue



6 comments:

  1. I love these, but how many did you make? I send out so many, it might be realistic to make some, but I don't know that I could do all. Hmmm. Love these, great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, I made 20 of these. So, if you need a ton, it'll take you a while, but not too long. Especially if you sit and watch a movie while doing it! And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm inspired. :0 Lucky people on your Christmas card list. :0 Thanks for sharing on Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't include cost of envelopes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you get the ribbons on? Glue gun? Do the ribbons wrap around the entire card?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you find envelopes for these cards? And was your card a 5x7 or 4x6?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!