Image Map

Monday, January 9, 2012

Bow Back Onesie Tutorial

My baby girl is crawling everywhere! I feel like I'm always seeing her little buns crawling away, down the hall. So then, why not make those buns cuter as I watch them wander away?



Wanna make one? It would be a cute baby shower gift or something for your own little cutie!

Just 5 simple steps and you're golden!


Supplies:
- Piece of fabric around 9.5 x 6.5
- Piece of fabric around 4.5 x 3.5
- Onesie
- Needle & thread
- Sewing machine
- Scissors



Step 1: Fold over the edges of the big rectangle TWICE. Iron and then sew the edges down.

 


Step 2: Take your smaller rectangle and fold the edges into the middle of the rectangle. Iron. Then fold in half and iron again. Sew up BOTH sides of the rectangle.






Step 3: Grab your bigger rectangle. Gather the top and the bottom up into the middle so that it looks like a bow. I used a needle and thread and made a couple of stitches through the middle to keep it while I worked on the next step.


Step 4: Wrap the smaller rectangle around the middle of the bow and stitch in place in the back. Cut off the excess fabric.


Step 5: Turn the bow over and place on onesie where you want it. Don't put it too low because then the baby will be sitting on it. Stitch the bow onto the onesie (I did it by hand).  I then sewed the sides of the bow down with my sewing machine.




And your done! Yay!


Sharing here: Making the World CuterThe Girl CreativeBecolorfulSkip to My Lou, Creative Itch, Mommy by Day...Crafter by Night, Ginger Snap Crafts, Lil Luna, 36th Avenue, Fireflies & Jellybeans, Gluesticks, Tatertots & Jello,



4 comments:

  1. I love this!! I must keep myself from leaving for the fabric store right now. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, love this. Thanks for sharing. Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute. Now if I can just find somebody that needs a onesie. I'm at that age where my friends are done having babies and my kids haven't started. :0 Thank Heavens for that last part. hehe.
    Thanks for linking up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!