Image Map

Thursday, January 26, 2012

DIY Photo Canvas

One of the crafts I've ALWAYS wanted to do was make a photo canvas. 

I just have never done it. I'm not sure why (probably laziness). But I finally got all my supplies together, got myself a good tutorial from Pinterest, and I was on my way.



And guess what? It's easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Gather your supplies:

Supplies:
- Mod Podge
- Canvases, whatever size you want. I did 8 x 10. (They were 30% off at Hob Lob)
- Distress Ink & Scrapbook paper, for the sides (however, you can also paint the sides, so whatever look you want to go for).
- Prints (I got mine done at Wal-Mart for $5 a print.)
- Paper cutter or scissors

Okay, I'm not going to go through the whole tutorial because Vanessa at The Crafty Nest did a beautiful tutorial. I just wanted to show you all the supplies you need. Now go follow Vanessa's instructions!

What do you get in the end? Beautiful wall art!


It helps to have beautiful subjects :)


Go make your own!

Make sure you stop by tomorrow for Feature Friday! Haven't added your project to the link party? Hurry and do it!!

Sharing here: Mine for the MakingCrafty Scrappy HappyA Glimpse InsideMommnivore's DilemmaSaved by Love CreationsGluesticksPassionately Perfect, 36th Avenue, Toys in the Dryer,



3 comments:

  1. WOW!! What an awesome project! I'm definitely going to have to try this!! Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photo Canvas Collage prints are the ideal way to display lots of your stunning images without buying masses of bulky picture frames or cluttering up the house. With the use of smartphones and readily available digital cameras, we have become a nation of amateur photographers, using Instagram to capture our favourite moments. Out of this we now have some incredible photographs we are sure to treasure forever; the problem is there are just too many of them, making the task almost impossible when
    choosing images to display in our homes

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!