Image Map

Friday, January 20, 2012

Pinterest-Inspired Craft Night

A couple of my friends and I wanted to make a Valentine craft. After scouring Pinterest, we decided we liked this wreath the best:

Source
However, my friend Becca and I also decided to use the foam tubing trick we also saw on Pinterest to make the wreath. You know, you buy a 6 foot long piece of foam tubing at Home Depot, cut it in half, tape the ends together, and you have a cheap wreath. That's the idea, anyway.

I got all the supplies together I needed and made the wreaths out of the foam tubing. They were a little lopsided but I thought once we wrapped them with yarn, they would straighten up. I'll show you how our wreaths turned out in a minute. Let me show you the Pinterest-inspired treats!


Becca's Bloomin' Onion Bread inspired by The Girl Who Ate Everything. Wow, they were DELISH!! Seriously, soooo good!


My Oreo Pudding Poke Cake inspired by The Country Cook.  The pudding made the cake so moist and tasty! And how can you go wrong with combining cake, pudding, and Oreos??


And now on to the actual craft. Ashley's turned out PERFECT. Becca and I had serious wreath envy. Why, you ask? Maybe because the foam tubing idea didn't work out as well as it was advertised. 

First, take a look at Ashley's beautiful wreath:


Isn't it gorgeous? It looks just like the picture we were inspired by!!


...And then there's mine and Becca's.  I think the problems with the foam tubing idea is that it's not fat enough and it needs to be a little longer. Becca and I were pretty, uh, disappointed with how our wreaths turned out:


Oh my goodness, we almost busted a gut laughing at how pathetic ours turned out! My advice to you: Just pay the extra couple dollars at Hobby Lobby for a regular foam wreath. This is what we get for trying to be frugal!

P.S. Don't forget to come back Monday (Jan 23) for Destination: Craft's 1st LINKY party! Woohoo!!





6 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm reading this in another room than the one my kid just fell asleep in, and it's a good thing, because I'm dying laughing all over a gain;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, that is... interesting. But thanks for the heads up that this doesn't work! I saw, yesterday actually, that you can also use pool noodles from the dollar store to do the same, they are fatter, so maybe they will work better. And those blooming onion bread look soooo good, will definitely try those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they look great!! Once you hang them I'm sure you can straighten them out a bit! Yours looks PERFECT! BUT, don't tell them I said that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they all look great, but I can tell a difference in size for sure. I always stock up on wreath forms when Hobby Lobby has then on sale. I think I have a stash of at least 4 straw wreaths and 2 grapevine wreaths right now in my craft room:) Stopping by from TT&J. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for thinking they look good! Mine actually turned into a toy for my son :) I'm planning on making a new one soon.

      Delete
  5. Haha, hilarious. LOVE this post, featured you at our link party (: Come grab a button and thanks for linkin up! XO

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!