Image Map

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

DIY Mason Jar Soap Dispensers

I've seen some cute Mason jar soap dispensers around blogland. I had the boring ol' dispensers from Target, you know, the $5 ones. I was tired of them. I wanted something pretty.

After looking at several of different ways to make these, I decided that the process is pretty easy!

So I'm here today showing YOU how to make these little pretties.


So so easy! Ready?

Supplies:
- Mason Jar (I got mine from Hobby Lobby)
- Drill
- Hot glue gun
- Needlenose pliers
- Soap pump (I bought two soap dispensers from the dollar store & took out the pumps)


1.
Mark the middle of the top of the jar (I just eyeballed it)


2.
Drill the hole!


3.
If you have needlenose pliers, use those for this step. I, however, do not have have needlenose pliers so I used whatever that is in the picture :) Regular pliers? Anyway, just start pulling on the metal and it'll bend easily. Pull a hole large enough for your soap pump.


4.
Put the soap pump through the new hole and secure it on the underside with hot glue.


5.
Put the top back together and there ya have it! A more vintage looking soap dispenser!

Sharing here: Not JUST a Housewife, Tip Junkie, Mommy by Day, Crafter by Night, Winthrop Chronicles, Creatively Living, Ginger Snap Crafts, Lil Luna, Rae Gun Ramblings, Oopsey Daisy, Cheap Crafty Mama, Uncommon, DIY Dreamer, My Lil Pumpkin Patch, Southern Lovely, Sew Woodsey, Someday Crafts, Fabric Bows & More, One Artsy Mama, Nap Time Crafters, The HodgePodge Life, See Vanessa Craft, 30 Handmade Days,                         

19 comments:

  1. I think I'll do this today...Thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea, love it!! I would love for you to share this (and any other creations) at Pin It & Win It Wednesday (open now!) at www.cheapcraftymama.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute!! Looks awesome!
    Hopping over from DIY Dreamer Link party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so cute! Thanks for the tutorial! I love using jars in decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this over at The Winthrop Chronicles! I made one yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are super cute! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great tutorial, I want to make these!

    Shannon@SewSweetCottage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty!! What is it about mason jars? They're just so fun. Thanks so much for sharing at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever and thrifty project :)
    JoAnn
    sweetpepperrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great idea and I love the look it will give the bathrooms. Thanks for sharing. stopping by from Shine on Fridays link party. I have pinned your project so that I can remember to come back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these! They look beautiful by those tulips!

    Thanks for linking!

    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love this project. i'm a sucker for a mason jar project! :) I'll have to try this! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look wonderful!! Oh and I love the tulips in the background :)

    Thanks so much for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet and simple project! My favorite kind! Thanks for sharing!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab idea! Thanks for posting.

    Karen @quintonwench

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always loving seeing this tutorial. Such a great use for already owned mason jars!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is featured today at Pin It and Win It Wednesday! I hope you will come back to share some more of your creations this week! Thanks! http://cheapcraftymama.com/pit-it-win-it-wednesday-4/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this idea,but how do I pin it? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice and detailed post. I found it very helpful when making my own soap pump. The only this I changed was the pump top itself; I used a metal one instead. I found a really cool site that sells a large variety of pumps with all sorts of finishes at a decent price. (onedreamdesign.com)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!