Image Map

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Kaleidoscope Quilt

My wonderful little brother is currently in the Philippines serving a mission. He JUST passed his year mark. My mom had a stash of fun boy fabrics on hand, so I decided to make a quilt for when he comes home. He'll go & live in Utah after his mission, so he needs a big, warm quilt!

I saw this Kaleidoscope pattern on Cluck Cluck Sew and I fell in love! But it's a LOT of cutting!


Here's my top pieces all cut and ready to be sewn together:


That's 168 green & white triangles, 168 different fabric kites, and 42 circles. Phew! That took forever! I think I bruised my hand from all the cutting :)

Off to go start the sewing process!!
*************

Here's some quilty eye candy

Boxed Zoo Quilt by JAQS Studio

Zig Zag Quilt By Renae Hill
Ocean Chevron Quilt by Stars & Sunshine
Eli's Wheel Quilt by Moda Bakeshop
Little Apples Ric Rac Quilt

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of cutting! Sheesh. I hate cutting. Now you've got the worst of it done. On to the fun part! And thanks for including my quilt, you spoil me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely blog! found you via the blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like it will be beautiful! I wish I knew how to quilt! Found you through the blog hop. Following via GFC. Would love if you stopped by for a visit!

    http://jill-createcraftlove.blogspot.com

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a lot of cutting. I have always wanted to do a quilt. Matter of fact I have a huge container filled with my kids clothes that I someday would love to turn into a quilt. I am now following you and found you via 'Mingle With Us'. If you would like to follow back you can find me at http://thebargaingame.blogspot.com/
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!