Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cheap & Chic Menu Board


I was asked by Vanessa over at See Vanessa Craft to be part of her Crafting on a Dime series. Of course, I jumped at the chance! I loooove her blog and was ecstatic to guest post. The premise of her series is to inspire crafting for under $10. I had been wanting to make a menu board and this was the push I needed! (So thanks, Vanessa!!)

I started out with a frame my grandma had sent me. She loves sending me her thrift store finds :)

What I used: frame, fabric scraps, ribbon, vinyl/stickers, scrapbook paper. That's it!



Next, I cut out some triangles from some fabric scraps.  You DO have fabric scraps, right? :)


Next, sew your triangles to your piece of ribbon.


I spruced up my frame, since it was red. But this is totally optional.


I cut my letters out with my Cricut but you could totally just use stickers. I also threw a piece of scrapbook paper behind the glass. I wouldn't recommend anything too busy or dark.


Lastly, glue on your fabric banner you made earlier. 

5 comments:

  1. So cute! Maybe if I had one we would actually eat at home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love the bunting on the top. I would love if you would share this and any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/07/showcase-your-talent-thursday-14.html. I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathryn, I'm visiting via the red, white, and you blog hop. I love your little blog. I love crafts and I'm always looking for cheap and pretty ways to create useful things to make life easier. This blog post is a great idea! Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO gorgeous! Hope you can link it up at my trendy tuesday party!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!