Image Map

Friday, August 31, 2012

Stenciled Curtains

So a couple of months ago, when stenciling was first getting really popular, I saw a stencil in a Wal-Mart that I thought was really cute. And since I didn't have a specific project in mind & I wasn't willing to pay tons on a stencil, a $2 stencil from Wally World was a happy purchase. 

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. Steph from Crafting in the Rain had me lined up to participate in her Make a Splash series, where she gives some crafters one crafty tool and has them create something with it. It just so happened that my crafty tool was stencils! I was stoked. And since I had some plain, boring white curtains hanging up in my room, I knew just what to do with them!






I am now a HUGE fan of stenciling! It just makes things prettier :)

Here are the supplies I started with, minus the curtains:





I didn't use anything to keep the stecil attached to the fabric. Once I started sponging it on, the stencil just kind of naturally stayed in place. It took all of nap time one day, but I think it was well worth it. 

Here it is mid-project. 


And the end result = LOVELY!!!


Sharing here: 30 Handmade Days, One Artsy Mama, See Vanessa Craft, Nap Time Crafters, Tatertots & Jello, Family Ever After, Adorned from Above, The Creative Orchard, Love & Laundry, Krafty Kat, The Winthrop Chronicles, Reasons to Skip the Housework,            



13 comments:

  1. These are simply awesome! and what a super cute stencil. Nice Job!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've caught the stenciling bug, too!! You can buy super cheap fabric (or existing curtains in your case)and turn it fabulous and one of a kind with stencils, doesn't get much better than that!! Your curtains look fabulous! Great choice of stencil, too, and for 2$, wow!! Did you dilute your paint at all? It seems lighter than in the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gen, I didn't dilute my paint, it's just silvery. And the paint is darker in real life than in the pics. Thanks for all the encouraging words!!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness...these turned out awesome! I was debating painting stripes onto curtain panels or see striped curtains, but now this totally throws me off and adds an idea to the decision.
    Have a great weekend!
    Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl, thanks for joining in on the Friday Chaos blog party! So glad you linked up with us, and I get to follow you! Wahoo! You can follow me back at www.dalaynadillon.blogspot.com
    I also wanted to let you know about a coffee mug swap that I am hosting. It is a different spin on the idea that lets you get to know other bloggers better. And you get a pretty new mug just in time for fall! Score! Today is the last day to sign up and I would absolutely love to have you. I am hoping to get 50 swappers, the more the merrier! Here is where you can get all the deets and sign up to join: http://yellowumbrelladesign.blogspot.com/2012/08/coffee-mug-swap.html
    Love bloggin' with ya. Talk to you soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up at the Friday Chaos this week
    Have a nice weekend :)
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look awesome--I love that it's an "allover" pattern without having to match up intersections exactly! Thanks for playing in Make a Splash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great! A good friend was asking me about stenciling some curtains, I'll have to refer her to this post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how they turned out! You should link this up at my first LINK PARTY!

    http://www.thecreativeorchard.blogspot.com/2012/08/tutorial-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute. I love them. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/free-bee-sweet-hat-pattern-crocheted.html
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooooo fantastic! These turned out so great, I'm thinking I need to do a bit of stenciling myself now, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous! I love how they turned out! I'm kind of scared to try it but you make it look easy! Thanks for linking up to the CHQ blog hop! Hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These stenciled curtains are beautiful. I would love to try this for some curtains in my bathroom. Thanks for sharing at Gettin' Krafty!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!