Image Map

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Scratch-off Valentine Countdown

My hubby and I don't play the lotto. 

However, there's something so fun with scratching off that silver gunk and wondering if you won a little somethin'... 

So I decided to give my hubs something exciting this Valentine's Day and give him a lotto-like experience!

Each of those hearts have a scratch off with a special activity underneath! So fun! There is one up there for Feb 1st-Feb 14th. 

I found the tutorial for the scratch off HERE, but I'll walk ya through it real quick-like. 


Supplies:
- Silver metallic paint
- Dish soap
- Red & white cardstock
- Number stickers
- Fun border punches
- Not pictured but ESSENTIAL: Either packaging tape or contact paper


First, I cut out some rectangles and hearts. Like so.


Then I mixed the paint with the dish soap: 2 part paint to 1 part soap.


Write/print your message. Put the tape or contact paper on OVER the message. Then you can paint ON TOP of the tape. This will make it so you can scratch off the paint. 

Now you need to attach the heart to the rectangles and decorate them! Have fun with them. Remember to put your numbers on each rectangle: 1-14.


Starting February 1st, your honey can have a heart to scratch off! How fun!




And you can still enter the Destination: Cutesy Monday link party!! Please do! I'll do features on Friday!

Sharing here: Serendipity & Spice Lil LunaMommy by Day, Crafter by NightFabric Bows& MoreGinger Snap CraftsRae Gun Ramblings, Sugar and DotsMy Girlish WhimsSouthern LovelyPretty Things for You, It's OverflowingSummit Street Joy, GluesticksA Crafty Soiree, 36th Avenue, Toys in the Dryer,

7 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! I love fun unique ideas for Valentines! I'm hosting a love theme linky party and would love it if you linked up!
    -Melissa

    www.serendipityandspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun idea!!! you're so creative!!! I'm newly following & would love for you to visit & link this up to my Handmade Valentine Party!
    http://www.summitstreetjoy.com/2012/01/free-valentines-day-printable-subway.html
    blessings,
    lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a neat idea. I know that you made these hearts for your husband but I can see my children having a really fun time making these as Valentine's for their classmates. I have never seen a tutorial for how to make scratch off paint. Genius! I will be sharing your link on our Crafters 4 Kids Facebook Page. I think our readers will really enjoy it. Crafters4Kids.com is a non-profit site filled with kid friendly craft projects. ~ Sarah Forhan, c4k555.org Designer Contributor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Cute! Thanks so much for linking up!! Just a reminder to register for my giveaway...

    Ramsign Giveaway: Porcelain Enamel Sign {up to $99 value}

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously....that is so cute! I would absolutely love it if you would link this project up to our "impossibility" party. Here's the link:

    http://thistlewoodfarm.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/a-journey-of-1000-steps/

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. We wanted to let you know that tomorrow your scratch-off Valentines Countdown will be featured for Fun Stuff Fridays. Stop by in the morning and grab your "I've been featured" badge...you've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your scratch-off project! You can see it here:

    http://funfamilycrafts.com/scratch-off-valentine-countdown/

    If you have other kid friendly crafts, we'd love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a wonderful project idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!