Image Map

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Summertime Wreath (tutorial)

Is it summertime yet?! :)

I loooove summer. Suntans, ice cream, pool parties, smores, and more.

I've had a laaame wreath hanging up on my door for the past couple of weeks and with summer right around the corner, I needed something peppier on my door.

Enter the Summertime Wreath.


Ahhh, that's better! A nice lil bow and a slice of watermelon... summer-tastic!


Here's how I made it:


1. Cut out two half circles out of felt.
2. I free-handed what I wanted on my felt.
3. Start embroidering! I'm definitely not an expert on this, but I like the look :)
4. To reinforce the back, I used (of course) a cereal box. It worked perfectly. I glued it on with regular ol' craft glue
5. I hot glued some floral wire to the back so I could attach it to the wreath.


1. I cut an 8.5 x 11 sheet of felt in half. I also used a small strip for the center.
2. With one of the large strips, take the edges and fold them to the center. Hot glue them in place.
3. Hot glue that part to the center of the other large strip.
4. Squish it up and hot glue the sides to the middle section.
5. Wrap the small strip around the middle of the bow and glue it in place!
6. (Not pictured) Cut the sides to make them pointy looking.  I also glued some floral wire to the back so I could attach it to the wreath.


Sharing here: Ginger Snap Crafts, Lil Luna, Rae Gun, Southern Lovely, The Johanson Journey, 36th Ave, 52 Mantels, Seven Alive, Gluesticks, Katie's Nesting Spot, One Artsy Mama, Mommy by Day, Crafter by Night, Cherished Bliss,       

4 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute and summery! Love recycling crafts too! Hope you will hop on over to my under 300 followers blog hop @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2012/05/under-300-followers-blog-hop-4.html
    I am your newest follower~
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!